Ancient Chinese Lacquer Exhibition with my friends (due Mar.15)
On Mar.15, 2009, I went to Nanjing Museum for the Ancient Chinese Lacquer Exhibition with Edward and Katherine. The museum is on Zhongshandong Road. We chose to go to this exhibition because we were all interested in Chinese Lacquer and some of our classmates have been there before and thought that it was very interesting. In addition, the museum is the biggest one in Nanjing and we can go to the exhibition for free.
The most interesting artwork I have seen at the exhibition was the huge lacquered folding screen. It was about 1.5 meters tall and 2.5 meters wide and was surrounded with dark brown wood frame. The screen was divided into 4 parts and each part was a erect rectangle with picture on it. The patterns on the screen were first sculpted on the wood and then colored with lacquer and looked very smooth. It was a speacial artwork and was quite useful in the past.
I like the exhibition very much that I could deside to go there. After the exhibition, I knew that China was the first country to use lacquering technology and the Chinese Lacquer had a long history. The lacquer products are nice and usefull. Because of the lacquer outside, the product could hardly be destroyed that we can keep it for a long time. I thought the lacquer products could show us Chinese culture, so they were different and unique artwork. I can see the wonderful Chinese art and knew the folk artwork from the products, and improve my appreciation of beauty. It was a meaningful journey.
On Mar.15, 2009, I went to Nanjing Museum for the Ancient Chinese Lacquer Exhibition with Edward and Katherine. The museum is on Zhongshandong Road. We chose to go to this exhibition because we were all interested in Chinese Lacquer and some of our classmates have been there before and thought that it was very interesting. In addition, the museum is the biggest one in Nanjing and we can go to the exhibition for free.
The most interesting artwork I have seen at the exhibition was the huge lacquered folding screen. It was about 1.5 meters tall and 2.5 meters wide and was surrounded with dark brown wood frame. The screen was divided into 4 parts and each part was a erect rectangle with picture on it. The patterns on the screen were first sculpted on the wood and then colored with lacquer and looked very smooth. It was a speacial artwork and was quite useful in the past.
I like the exhibition very much that I could deside to go there. After the exhibition, I knew that China was the first country to use lacquering technology and the Chinese Lacquer had a long history. The lacquer products are nice and usefull. Because of the lacquer outside, the product could hardly be destroyed that we can keep it for a long time. I thought the lacquer products could show us Chinese culture, so they were different and unique artwork. I can see the wonderful Chinese art and knew the folk artwork from the products, and improve my appreciation of beauty. It was a meaningful journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment