




Culture Awareness
On Dec.28, 2008, we went to an American restaurant called Lucky Star in Xinjiekou and ate American food. We had a big dinner with 13 people in total, 11 of us are from Grade 10 and 2 of us are from Grade 12. We were Peggy, Laura (both from Grade 12), Kevin, Alex, Penny, Oliver, Gerry, Laurence, Evelyn, Maria, Amy, Chris and me. We chose this restaurant because it is an American restaurant and we are all interested in American. There is another reason that we thought the restaurant that provides American food may have low price of its food but actually it is still a very expensive restaurant.We arrived at the restaurant at about 6:30. It is on the second floor of the Jinlun shopping centre in Xinjiekou. Because no one of us had been there, we spent some time to find it.
I think the American food tastes not so good and it is also very expensive, so I don’t like it at all. The first dish I had is mushroom soup. It tasted really strange and had strange smell and color. When I had one spoon of it, I seemed to vomit and didn’t want to have it any more. Then I have two pieces of bread. They were really nice. After that was the beefsteak, it was not ripe at all and there was some blood in it. I felt bad after having it. American food is totally different from the food I usually have. Firstly, when we have Chinese food we often use chopsticks but for having American food we have to use the fork, knife and spoon. When we have beef in Chinese style we often have many small pieces of it but in American style, we have a big thick slice of beef and the beef is usually fried.
The environment there was really perfect. There were a few people in the restaurant and it was very clean and tidy. The atmosphere inside is fresh and warm. It was very comfortable. Most of the people in the restaurant were the people who went shopping in the Jinlun shopping centre. The service there is good. The waitress was polite and the food was prepared quickly. However, I won’t recommend others to eat there because the food there was expensive.
This was a good experience. I realized what the American food was like and enjoyed the different culture.
On Dec.28, 2008, we went to an American restaurant called Lucky Star in Xinjiekou and ate American food. We had a big dinner with 13 people in total, 11 of us are from Grade 10 and 2 of us are from Grade 12. We were Peggy, Laura (both from Grade 12), Kevin, Alex, Penny, Oliver, Gerry, Laurence, Evelyn, Maria, Amy, Chris and me. We chose this restaurant because it is an American restaurant and we are all interested in American. There is another reason that we thought the restaurant that provides American food may have low price of its food but actually it is still a very expensive restaurant.We arrived at the restaurant at about 6:30. It is on the second floor of the Jinlun shopping centre in Xinjiekou. Because no one of us had been there, we spent some time to find it.
I think the American food tastes not so good and it is also very expensive, so I don’t like it at all. The first dish I had is mushroom soup. It tasted really strange and had strange smell and color. When I had one spoon of it, I seemed to vomit and didn’t want to have it any more. Then I have two pieces of bread. They were really nice. After that was the beefsteak, it was not ripe at all and there was some blood in it. I felt bad after having it. American food is totally different from the food I usually have. Firstly, when we have Chinese food we often use chopsticks but for having American food we have to use the fork, knife and spoon. When we have beef in Chinese style we often have many small pieces of it but in American style, we have a big thick slice of beef and the beef is usually fried.
The environment there was really perfect. There were a few people in the restaurant and it was very clean and tidy. The atmosphere inside is fresh and warm. It was very comfortable. Most of the people in the restaurant were the people who went shopping in the Jinlun shopping centre. The service there is good. The waitress was polite and the food was prepared quickly. However, I won’t recommend others to eat there because the food there was expensive.
This was a good experience. I realized what the American food was like and enjoyed the different culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment